- 3 medium carrots, scrubbed clean and chopped diagonally into 1/2 inch pieces
- 5 radishes, scrubbed clean and halved or quartered, depending on size
- 1/2 large fennel bulb, sliced crosswise into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 bunch lacinato kale, stems removed and torn or chopped into bite size pieces (roughly 2 large handfuls)
- 1 avocado, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 oz feta cheese, crumbled (I like to use sheep’s milk feta; roughly 1/3 cup)
- Garnish (optional): toasted sesame seeds, sliced radish, fresh greens and herbs, flaky salt
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2–4 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Wash, dry and chop vegetables. Place chopped carrots, radishes and fennel onto a large sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with spices and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss with your hands to evenly coat and spread vegetables on sheet pan.
- Roast for 25 minutes until tender and starting to caramelize. Remove from oven, add chopped kale to pan, drizzle with a bit more olive oil and a small pinch of salt and pepper. Lightly toss with tongs. Return pan to oven and roast for 5-7 more minutes until kale is crispy. Remove from oven and allow to cool a bit.
- While veggies roast, make the dressing. Whisk together all dressing ingredients except the water until smooth and creamy. Whisk in the water 1 tbsp at a time until you reach a drizzle-able consistency. The amount of water required will vary depending on the consistency of your tahini. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Assemble salad. On the sheet pan or in a large bowl, toss together the roasted veggies with the avocado, feta, herbs and fresh greens, if desired, and tahini dressing. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds, fresh radish slices and a pinch of salt. Enjoy!