- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 3 oz dark chocolate, chopped and melted (I used 85% cacao)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp creamy almond butter
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Garnish: coconut yogurt or whipped cream, fresh berries, cacao nibs and flaky salt
- Melt chocolate, using a small saucepan over low heat or microwaving for 30 second intervals, stirring in between.
- Place all ingredients in the blender in the order listed. Blend on high until smooth and creamy — about 45 seconds.
- Serve immediately, or chill for an hour for a firmer consistency. Can be prepared up to one day in advance.
- Garnish with coconut yogurt or whipped cream, fresh berries, cacao nibs or chocolate shavings and flaky salt. Enjoy!