For the Salad:
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped into small florets (approximately 4 cups)
- 4 tbsp olive oil, plus more for frying capers
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 small head radicchio, halved, cored and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- Meyer lemon vinaigrette (see below)
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tsp Meyer lemon zest
- Juice of 1 Meyer lemon – about 3 tbsp (mine was particularly juicy, so you may need 1.5)
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Meyer lemon zest
- Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400° and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Arrange cauliflower florets on pans, leaving ample space among the florets. Roast cauliflower for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through. Check at 20 minutes to make sure the cauliflower is not browning too rapidly. Remove once it is nicely browned and edges are crispy.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. In a jar or small bowl, whisk together lemon zest and juice, mustard, honey, salt and pepper until combined. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while you continue whisking. Whisk until emulsified and creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Set aside.
- Next, fry the capers. Cover the bottom of a small saucepan with about a 1/4 inch of olive oil. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Test temperature by placing one caper in the oil. It is ready when the caper sizzles. Add the remaining capers to the pan and fry until crispy and lightly browned — about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer capers to a plate lined with a towel.
- Assemble salad. In a large serving bowl, combine radicchio and roasted cauliflower. Drizzle with dressing (you may not need all of it!) and toss to coat. Garnish with crispy capers, chopped parsley and additional lemon zest. Enjoy!
While Meyer lemons are lovely in this salad, regular lemons will do just fine.