This peach + mango lassi was my go-to drink this time last year when I was 9 months pregnant. Now, it’s my go-to snack for Rose and almost one year old Max. We’ve come full circle. It combines the classic flavor of a mango lassi with in-season peaches, plus a couple additional ingredients to make this a slightly more nourishing treat. This lassi is redolent with the sunny flavors of summer.
Here I use this whole-milk kefir (regular or dairy-free yogurt works, too), oat milk (use your milk of choice), mango, peach, vanilla and ground cardamom. I also like to add ground flax or chia seeds for fiber and added thickness and often a scoop of collagen powder, but those are optional additions. If you prefer a sweeter treat, feel free to add a little raw honey.
Enjoy those last summer peaches! I will be buying them by the crate until the last possible moment. I plan to make this baked oatmeal this week with peaches and plums in place of the apples. Highly recommend! xo Maggie
- 2 cups diced mango, fresh or frozen
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup kefir or plain yogurt
- 1 cup oat milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- Small handful of ice cubes
- Optional: 1 tbsp raw honey; 1 tbsp ground flax or chia seeds; 2 scoops collagen
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Taste and add honey, if desired. Add more milk or water for a thinner consistency if you prefer.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!