- 1 fennel bulb, halved and cored
- 2 oranges, such as satsuma or cara cara, peeled and segmented or sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/3 cup oil-cured black olives, pitted
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil, about 2 tbsp
- Flaky salt, such as Maldon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Slice fennel very thinly using a mandolin or a sharp knife.
- In a shallow serving bowl, arrange fennel, orange segments, avocado slices and olives. Drizzle with lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with flaky salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning or dressing, if necessary. Enjoy!