- 1 medium sweet potato, scrubbed
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1.5 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp avo/ olive oil
- Juice of 2 small limes
- 1–3 tbsp water
Garnish: sesame seeds, extra virgin olive oil, herbs, curry powder, olives…whatever you desire!
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Prick sweet potato all over with a fork. Place on baking sheet lined with foil. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, depending on the size of your potato. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Remove skin.
- Place in a food processor the sweet potato flesh and all remaining ingredients except the water. Process until smooth — for about 3-5 minutes— scraping down the sides of the food processor a couple times. Add water a tablespoonful at a time until desired consistency is reach. It should be smooth and creamy. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Garnish and serve. I garnished mine with more olive oil, sesame seeds, parsley and micro greens.
Tip: you will only need 1 sweet potato for this recipe, but bake a few at once to sneak in a little meal prep. Stuff baked sweet potatoes with grains, beans, greens, etc. for a quick meal.