- 3 tbsp lime juice (from about 2 small limes)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey (use maple syrup for vegan)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp avocado or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp mayo (I used avocado oil mayo; you can also substitute vegan mayo, greek yogurt or coconut yogurt)
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 large head purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 green apple, finely sliced into matchsticks
- 2 scallions, white and dark green parts thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 to 1 whole jalapeño chile, seeded and minced, optional
- Shred cabbage and green apple. I use a mandolin to shred the cabbage and a mandolin with a matchstick attachment to shred the apple. You can also use a food processor, a box grater or a regular old knife.
- In a large bowl, whisk together lime juice, ACV, honey, salt, oil, mustard, mayo and spices until well-combined. Add shredded cabbage, apple, scallions, cilantro and jalapeño (if using). Toss to combine.
- Let sit at least 15 minutes before serving, to allow the flavors to develop and the cabbage to tenderize.