For the crispy cauliflower:
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into 1.5 inch florets
- 3 tbsp avocado or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- Creamy black bean dip (recipe below)
- Tangy cabbage and apple slaw (recipe below)
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 8 tortillas, warmed (use corn or almond/coconut flour tortillas for gluten-free)
- Lime and cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place cauliflower florets in a large bowl. Add oil, salt and spices and mix to coat. Sprinkle cornmeal over the cauliflower and mix until evenly coated.
- Transfer cauliflower to two baking sheets lined with parchment paper. I recommend using two baking sheets with the florets spread widely apart to encourage browning.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes, tossing halfway through. Cauliflower should be crisp and starting to brown.
- While the cauliflower roasts, make the slaw and black bean spread (recipes below). You can also prep both of these components a day or two in advance.
- Assemble the tacos: place a generous dollop of black bean spread on each tortilla, layer on a few slices of avocado, add a handful of cauliflower florets, top with a spoonful of slaw and garnish with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime. Enjoy!