As I write, the heat index outside is an oppressive 94°, so it seemed like an ideal time to share these Creamy Watermelon Popsicles. They are easy — requiring only 5 ingredients, a quick whiz in the blender and a few hours freezing time. I love pairing watermelon with strawberry, because the strawberry makes the watermelon taste more, well, watermelon-y for lack of a better word. Think: watermelon flavored candy, without the nasty artificial flavoring.
Lime and honey balance the flavor of these popsicles, while a touch of coconut cream adds just the right amount of creaminess without weighing these down. Simply blend all of the ingredients together, pour into your popsicle mold and freeze for a few hours. Enjoy any extras from the blender over ice with a sprig of mint (delicious).
Stay cool and enjoy these final weeks of summer! xo Maggie
P.S. I love this stainless steel popsicle mold. It makes picture-perfect popsicles every time, and removing individual popsicles is so easy.Print
- 2 heaping cups watermelon, cubed
- 1 heaping cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup coconut cream (or the solid cream from the top of a can of coconut milk)
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust sweetness if desired by adding more honey.
- Pour into popsicle molds, add popsicle sticks, and freeze for approximately 4 hours, until solid.
- Remove popsicles from the molds by quickly running each mold under hot water. Enjoy!