For the soup:
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped into small florets approx. 1.5 inch in size
- 2 yukon gold potatoes, roughly chopped into 1 inch size pieces (I left peels on)
- 3 small shallots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 small Meyer lemons, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups organic chicken broth or vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 400° and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place cauliflower florets, potatoes, shallots and lemon wedges on one baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toss the mixture with your hands until everything is evenly coated with olive oil. Divide among both baking sheets, spreading mixture out as much as possible to encourage browning. Season generously with salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes until nicely browned.
- Remove peels from the flesh of half of the lemon wedges (reserve remaining whole wedges for garnish). Discard peels or reserve for another use.
- Transfer roasted cauliflower, potatoes, shallots and lemon flesh to a blender along with 3 cups of broth. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Taste for seasoning, and add salt and pepper as necessary. Serve immediately, or transfer to a pot to reheat on the stove.
- Top with crispy kale and roasted mushrooms (recipe below), along with the reserved lemon wedges and any fresh herbs you have on hand.