- 2 cups oat milk (or milk of choice)*
- 3–4 tbsp raw cacao powder, depending on desired chocolate intensity
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Small pinch of sea salt
- Optional: 1 tbsp ghee or coconut butter
- Heat oat milk in a small saucepan over medium low heat and bring to a gentle simmer.
- As the milk heats, in a small bowl whisk cacao powder with 1 tbsp of the milk and the maple syrup to form a slurry (this extra step will prevent the cacao from clumping). Whisk until no lumps remain, then add to the pan along with the vanilla, cinnamon, sea salt and ghee or coconut butter, if using.
- Using an immersion blender or hand frother, blend until the hot chocolate is frothy and the ghee or coconut butter, if using, are fully incorporated. Or simply whisk vigorously by hand. Pour into two mugs (or one — no judgement!), top with whipped cream or marshmallow and enjoy!