- 1 quart/ 4 heaping cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 1/4 cup raw sugar (plus more, to taste)
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 inch knob fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- In a medium pot combine all ingredients except the orange juice and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and cook until cranberries are completely softened and mixture has reduced into a thick sauce, about 25 minutes. Taste and add more sugar (or maple syrup or honey) to reach desired level of sweetness — I like it quite tart.
- Remove from heat and stir in orange juice. Enjoy!