- 12 medjool dates
- 2–3 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- 1 3.5 oz bar dark chocolate, finely chopped (I used 85% cacao)
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Flaky sea salt
- Optional garnish: edible rose petals
- Make a lengthwise cut on each of the dates, taking care you don’t cut all the way through. Pop out the pits and discard.
- Spoon about a half teaspoon of almond butter into each of the dates. Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Place chocolate and coconut oil in a small bowl. Temper the chocolate either by using the double boiler method (a bowl set over a pot of simmering water) or the microwave. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, microwave for another 30 seconds, stir, microwave for 20 more seconds and stir until smooth and glossy. The time may vary depending on your particular microwave. After the last interval, you should still have a few small chunks of unmelted chocolate, which will melt as you continue to stir. Don’t overheat!
- Drizzle chocolate over each stuffed date to cover. Do this on parchment paper, because it’s a messy process! Sprinkle with flaky salt and rose petals, if desired.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to set. Remove from freezer and enjoy!