- 1 1/4 cups spelt flour (or whole wheat pastry or AP)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut or light brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup oat milk, or other milk of choice
- 2 tbsp melted ghee, butter or coconut oil, plus more for cooking
- 2 large eggs,
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup yogurt of choice (I use either grass-fed whole milk greek yogurt or full-fat coconut yogurt)
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/8 tsp vanilla bean powder (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Pomegranate seeds (or any seasonal fruit you desire)
- Make the yogurt: whisk together yogurt, orange zest, vanilla and maple syrup until well-combine and smooth. Set aside.
- Prepare the pancake batter: Whisk together the dry ingredients. Before adding the wet ingredients, start heating the griddle or pan so it is hot once the batter is ready. Form a well in the dry ingredients and add the vanilla, milk, melted ghee/coconut oil, eggs and ACV. Whisk JUST until combined — visible streaks of flour should be gone, but there will still be lumps.
- Heat a large griddle or skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Lightly coat griddle with ghee or coconut oil and wait until oil is shimmering — about 30 seconds. Drop batter onto griddle by the 1/4 cup. Cook for about 2 to 21/2 minutes until bubbles are forming and have started to pop. If the pancakes is browning too quickly, reduce heat. The bottom of the pancakes should be golden brown. Using a thin spatula, flip pancake and cook for 2 to 21/2 minutes more. Transfer to a plate and keep warm under another plate or a sheet of aluminum foil. Cook the rest of the pancakes.
- Serve immediately with the orange-vanilla yogurt, pomegranate seeds and maple syrup. Enjoy!