- 1 large ripe banana, cut into pieces and frozen
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Small pinch sea salt
- Small pinch vanilla bean powder or a splash of vanilla extract
- Small handful of ice cubes
- Optional: 1/4 to 1 tsp maca powder
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately, topping with cacao nibs and a pinch of salt, if desired.
The maca is optional. If you’ve never tried maca before, start with 1/4 tsp and see how you feel. Slowly increase the amount to 1 tsp if it’s working for you.
This smoothie is also delicious with frozen roasted or steamed sweet potato in place of the banana.