- 1 3/4 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed with a fork (plus 1 whole banana for topping)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs, preferably pasture-raised
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Topping: 1 whole banana, sliced horizontally; 1 tbsp raw turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with parchment and rub sides with coconut oil.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla and vinegar. Stir in mashed bananas.
- Incorporate dry ingredients into wet little by little until just combined. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Top with banana slices and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes, until golden brown, slightly firm in the center and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Slice and enjoy!