- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and broken into pieces
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup yogurt (I typically use full fat greek yogurt, but coconut or almond yogurt also works for a dairy-free option; kefir works, too)
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp melted pasture-raised butter (ghee or coconut oil work, too), plus more for cooking
To serve: warm maple syrup, sliced banana, fresh blueberries and yogurt.
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend on high until just combined, scraping down the sides and bottom of the blender, if necessary.
- Heat a griddle or large frying pan over medium heat. Once hot, lightly coat griddle with butter, ghee or coconut oil and wait until oil is shimmering — about 30 seconds. Drop batter onto griddle by the 1/3 cup. Cook for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes until bubbles are forming and have started to pop. If the pancakes are browning too quickly, reduce heat. The bottom of the pancakes should be golden brown. Using a thin spatula, flip pancake and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to a plate and keep warm under another plate or a sheet of aluminum foil. Cook the rest of the pancakes.
- Serve immediately with desired toppings and maple syrup. Enjoy!