- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chopped broccoli florets (from approximately 1 small head of broccoli)
- 2 tbsp water
- 10 eggs
- 1/3 cup whole-milk greek yogurt (or milk)
- 3 oz grated goat gouda or cheddar
- 3 oz goat cheese
- 3/4 tsp sea salt, divided
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the butter or oil in a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet with a fitted lid (or well-seasoned cast-iron skillet) over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent — about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook another 2 minutes until fragrant. Add the chopped broccoli and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for another minute. Add 2 tbsp water and cover. Cook until broccoli is tender and bright green, about 2 minutes. Turn off heat and let the broccoli cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt and salt. Return the heat to medium-low and pour in the egg mixture. Cook for a few minutes, gently pushing the egg mixture towards the center with a baking spatula, until the frittata is set on the bottom and around the edges. Sprinkle with the grated cheese and dot with the goat cheese. Transfer the frittata to the oven and cook until lightly browned and the center is just set, about 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool slightly before cutting into wedges and serving. Garnish with fresh herbs and freshly ground pepper. Enjoy!