- 2–3 beets, peeled and roasted or steamed ( I used 3 very small roasted beets)
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 small frozen banana
- 1 blood orange, peeled (any variety of orange will do)
- 1 1/2 inch knob fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 3/4 – 1 cup almond milk (depending on desired consistency)
- Pinch of vanilla bean powder (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- Small pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Place all ingredients in blender. Blend on high speed for 1-2 minutes until smooth and creamy, adding more almond milk if necessary to reach desired consistency.
- Divide among 1 or 2 glasses, garnish with orange wedges and enjoy!