- 4 cod fillets (about 6 oz. each), preferably wild/sustainable
- 4 handfuls of baby spinach (about 4 cups)
- 2 small shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, oil reserved
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp reserved sun-dried tomato oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (from approx. 1/2 a lemon)
- 1 tbsp ghee or butter
- 2 tsp lemon zest to garnish
- Fresh thyme and parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Pat cod fillets dry and season all over with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Drizzle the bottom of a 9×13 inch roasting pan with 1 tbsp of the olive oil. Toss in the spinach, shallots and sun-dried tomatoes. Drizzle spinach mixture with 2 tbsp of olive oil, the sun-dried tomato oil and the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place seasoned cod fillets atop spinach mixture. Drizzle cod with remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil and dot the fillets with the ghee or butter. Top each fillet with a sprig of fresh thyme.
- Roast until fish is opaque throughout and slightly firm to the touch — about 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish. Sprinkle lemon zest and fresh parsley over the cod filets.
- To serve, spoon a bit of the spinach sauce over each fillet. This recipe pairs nicely with rice, quinoa or roasted potatoes. Enjoy!