This post is sponsored by Health-Ade Kombucha, whose products I use and love. All opinions are 100% my own.
Cheers! It’s almost the weekend — and only two weekends left before Christmas. How this happened, I do not know. It is usually right about now when the last-minute holiday panic sets in, as does the overload of indulgent treats. In an effort to avoid both, I’ll be kicking back this weekend with this seasonal kombucha float — a refreshing and healthier spin on the classic.
Health-Ade Kombucha reached out to me recently asking if I would like to come up with a recipe using their seasonal Holiday Cheers flavor. I was delighted with this task. Combining my undying love for kombucha and Christmas!? Sign me up! I particularly love Health-Ade’s Holiday Cheers flavor. It tastes distinctly of the holiday season, with notes of ginger, clove, vanilla and cacao. The warm spices and hint of chocolate pair perfectly with creamy ice cream — enter the kombucha float!
I wanted to create something festive, flavorful and fun, and this kombucha float delivers. The spiced pomegranate syrup lends a delicious tart contrast to the creamy ice cream and sweet kombucha and gives the float the most beautiful crimson color. This float would be a real crowd-pleaser at your holiday festivities. The spiced pomegranate syrup can be prepared up to 3 days in advance and stored in the fridge. When you are ready to serve, fill the glasses with pomegranate syrup, top with the ice cream and pour in the kombucha — to everyone’s delight as they watch the ice cream bubble and foam.
The recipe for pomegranate syrup makes extra, depending on how many floats you prepare. Use extra syrup in smoothies, poured over oatmeal or simply mixed with seltzer or kombucha.
Cheers! xx Maggie
Spiced Pomegranate Kombucha Float with Health-Ade Holiday Cheers
Yield 2 - 4 floats
- Spiced pomegranate syrup, chilled — recipe below
- Vanilla ice cream of choice (I used Luna & Larry’s Organic Coconut Bliss, Naked Coconut)
- 1 bottle Holiday Cheers Health-Ade kombucha, chilled
- Ground cinnamon for garnish
Spiced Pomegranate Syrup
- 2 cups 100% pomegranate juice
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 cardamom pods
- 1 inch strip of orange peel
- 1/2 inch knob fresh ginger, peeled
Make the pomegranate syrup
- Place all ingredients in medium-size saucepan set over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until sugar is dissolved — about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. The syrup should be reduced by about half and very lightly coat the back of a spoon.
- Strain pomegranate syrup and set aside to cool. Once cooled, transfer to refrigerator to chill.
Assemble the floats
- Pour 1/4 cup chilled pomegranate syrup into each glass.
- Top with 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream.
- Slowly fill glasses with kombucha.
- Dust with cinnamon and enjoy immediately. Cheers!